Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the virus has changed how we live our lives. We have adapted to a new normal in our daily lives. In some aspects, it may have sped up the adoption of online and virtual services & technologies.
Our daily lives
Many of our social lives have changed as well. Does any of these in the list below sound familiar to you?
- Shopping online more
- Cooking at home more often
- Buy take-out more since dining at the restaurant is very limited
- Staying at home more
- Friends get together by using group video chat
- Children's schooling method has changed to online and video access
The workplace and Energy Savings Assistance Program
For those of us who are fortunate to be working, many things have changed in the workplace, too. As part of the Southern California Edison family, health and safety is our top priority to the customers, employees, and the communities we serve. At Home Energy Assistance Living, we take these precautions very seriously. We take precautions to minimize the risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask is required
- Social distancing of 6 foot
- Washing hands more often
- Using hand sanitizers after touching objects previously touched by another person
- Carrying sanitizing products
- Wearing gloves
- Cleaning and sanitizing your own workspace
- Sanitizing tools reguarly
- Encourage regular testing of COVID-19
You may rest assured that when a Program Rep from Home Energy Assistance Living is visiting your home, they have taken all necessary precautions above to help keep your family and their family safe.
The Energy Savings Assistance Program can help income-qualified customers in many ways
- Receive energy-efficient appliance replacement for free or minimal charge
- Conserve energy and save money
- If qualified you may receive one or all of the following
- LED Bulbs
- Smart Surge Protectors
- Torchiere Lamps
- Energy Education Guide
- Enroll into CARE/FERA to save between 18% to about 30% on your energy bill if you are not already enrolled
Virtual Enrollment and Home Assessment
If you are not comfortable with a face to face home visit or you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, a virtual enrollment and home assessment may be performed. The enrollment and assessment process will be the same as a home visit appointment. Eligible enrollment measures such as LED bulbs, smart surge protectors, and torchiere lamps if qualified will be given to you via contactless delivery.
To perform a virtual enrollment and home assessment you will need the following:
- Access to email
- Video chat
- For renters - We will need to contact your landlord to sign an authorization form before performing the virtual process
If you have any questions about the Energy Savings Assistance Program and how it will affect you, please do not hesitate to contact us HERE
Please stay safe and enjoy the time with your loved ones.
Summer is here! Kids are out on vacation! Your electricity bill is probably going to be sky high again. It's hot and we need the AC on. The kids are home and want to play their video games all day long. What can you do to save energy and money at the same time without using less AC and keep the kids playing video games.
Home Energy Assistance Living can help you do that. If your electricity provider is Southern California Edison (SCE), we can help. We are an authorized service provider contracted with SCE for the Energy Savings Assistance program.
We are committed to help income qualified households participate in their local utility energy savings programs. These programs can qualify the household to have their refrigerator, air conditioner (central and/or wall), and outdoor light fixture replaced with more energy efficient ones. The replacement program is not limited to just the aforementioned. It also provides weatherization services if qualified. During the time of enrollment and assessment, qualifying LED light bulbs and floor standing lamps may be replaced and new smart power strips installation to help start saving energy and money right away!
To find out how, contact us at 626-382-1860. Please let the associates know that you are interested in the Energy Assistance Program from our website. Thank you.